Sunday, November 19, 2006

Bloggish maintenance stuff

Stuff:

  • I'm seeing the Bloglines Plumber more often than I'd like. How's Google Reader working? Or, how well does the feed-reader of your choice stack up against the competition?

  • Blogger Beta: Good? Bad? The WYSIWYG drag-and-drop layout editor scares me. I've done enough backstage template hacking that I'm uncomfortable with the idea of unleashing a machine on it. Should I begin considering switching to WordPress?

  • I've been shaking up the blogroll. Hello to new additions. I'd say goodbye to deletions, but chances are you don't use the Internet anymore.

  • Speaking of the blogroll, does Google Reader provide a blogroll-like functionality? I'd rather not use one system for one thing and the other for another.

  • But when you get right down to it, how much Google does one blogger really need in his life?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weird thing is that these days when the Bloglines Plumber (damn you, plumber man!) is up, you can just hit refresh and it goes away. I wonder if all the "enhancements" are just not quite working smoothly yet.

Darby M. Dixon III said...

The punk wouldn't go away, yesterday. And when he finally did, bloglines didn't seem to be updating any feeds. It was sort of annoying.

I'm running a trial run of Google Reader now. Would be nice if you could export a folder as an updating blogroll for the site, though.

meika said...

I just comment these days, that is I used to blog, now I just comment. Much healthier, and I agree with not letting machinery much around in your place on the backstage