Tuesday, August 22, 2006

It would be sort of like if TDAOC was a book and the cover was a picture of Mike Tyson milking a cow: fun and all, but highly inappropriate

Somewhere along the line, I switched my blog-reading habits, and I guess I let some blogs accidentally fall through the cracks because I am a horrible human being. It's the only excuse I can offer for losing track of Elizabeth Crane's blog. Turns out she's been busy: reading some Jonathan Lethem, exploring MySpace, coming up with an awesome idea for a Project Runway spinoff, talking to people, riding trains. You know, generally tearing shit up in a great role model for all the writer-kids out there sort of way.

She's also switching publishers. Interesting story. I'll vouch for the fact that you should read All This Heavenly Glory despite the cover of the paperback edition. I'll say that it's actually a very nice cover, good photo, interesting design. But it sucks that it's on the wrong book. It's cool, though: once you get it home and you're heading out to your coffee shop to read it, you can always hide it inside a copy of David Foster Wallace's Oblivion, so people don't think you're the sort of person who reads books about "softly-focused happy young girl[s]". I mean, nobody wants to be that guy, right?

No comments: