Thursday, August 31, 2006

Cat Power was going to call her most recent album The Cheesiest until someone suggested that title wouldn't be the greatest

Good grief! What does Ed Champion have against the writers I like? Is he going to go through the lot of them tearing them apart one by one like some author-eating Audrey II? Should I take down my China Miéville post before E.C. gets wind of it and sets his critical sights on yet another writer I hold near and dear? Because after his takedown of Mark Z. Danielewski, I don't think I can stand to watch another round of...

Erm, wait. Ed seemed to, uhm, enjoy House of Leaves. Well. Pish-posh. I might have to take back my cheese comment.

(And hey, Ed: this'll come in handy. I've been using it tonight myself. Miéville. There's one that should be in the Hard to Pronounce Literary Names guide.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darby: I LOVE LOVE LOVE China Mieville!