Wednesday, September 28, 2005

It's like bullet point rock, except quieter, but with a big yelling climax

A few quick things:

  • Looking for a book? Don't have time to wait for the next TDAOC recommendation? You might try giving this site a shot. (Via The Elegant Variation.)

  • Think literature in America is dying? Move to Russia. (Via Bookslut.)

  • Just finished Sarah Willis's The Sound of Us. A damn fine read, if I do say so myself. (Though I'll admit to liking Some Things That Stay more.) Further proof that there's more going on in this town than beer, sports, and mayoral races. (Please, Cleveland: vote for someone who rocks.)

And a reminder! In big all caps! TIM O'BRIEN!

Should I repeat myself?

Okay, I will.

TIM O'BRIEN!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Darby, I just bet you know this, but just in case, because I know you'd be beside yourself if you didn't know this, Tim O'Brien will be on Dee Perry's Around Noon show tomorrow, Friday, Sept. 30. Enjoy. :)

Darby M. Dixon III said...

Thanks Jill! I didn't catch the show today but I'll have to see if they archive online. (I think they do?)