Saturday, October 21, 2006

Me, elsewhere. Again? What, am I trying to turn the Internet into the Darbynet?

The kind folks at Arriviste Press recently invited me to write their monthly Quick Hits music column. The column will feature spot reviews of (and free songs from) albums hand-picked by yours truly. In other words: you can delete your Pitchfork bookmark, because I'm taking over the task of determining your taste in music.

You can see my debut here. Take a look, then come brag about how you knew me before I sold out.

Be sure to check out the online magazine's archives. There's lots of cool content--fiction, interviews, essays, all of it. (Personally, I was sold on the site by an article on the Toronto breakcore scene. I guessed the presence of that article meant there'd be no problem with me keeping the Quick Hits picks focused on the "Ever So Slightly Not Top 40 Radio" scene.)

2 comments:

genevieve said...

Darbynet, hehe. Lucky you having a name like that to play around with. Congratulations, at least you are brave enough to announce your outselling. I came here via Maud, crawling around doing some research for my own outselling efforts. Good luck with the rest of the Net now.

Darby M. Dixon III said...

Genevieve: Thanks! Good luck with your own outselling. I'm sure there's plenty of space on the Net I won't take over too soon. :)