Thursday, October 05, 2006

Cuz those are where the DEVIL is

Here's something:

Paramount Vantage is looking for audiences interested in seeing people dead, and so they've purchased a horror script called Details from writer Dan Kay....

The Hollywood Reporter says the script is an adaptation of a short story written by British fantasy writer China Miéville. A girl uncovers a demonic force that only she can see and disappears. Her father goes looking for her and will stop at nothing to bring her back....


I haven't read the story but it will be interesting what comes out of this. At least in his Bas-Lag novels, Miéville's big on visuals. He builds worlds and monsters and events and he wants you to see them there in front of you. (Maybe his short work is more sparse. I don't know.) So it might be fun to compare your visions of his story with those of directors and script writers and money-makers, in a "Wow, they made the Ents I had pictured in my head" way. It might also be a complete train wreck. We'll just have to wait and...shoot me with guns before I finish that sentence, I suppose.

No comments: