Friday, October 06, 2006

Kacey's Book Club

Know what we need more of around this blog? Second opinions.

Meet Kacey. She doesn't blog. But I asked her to check out some books I like, and she said that it's totally cool if I share her opinions with you.

Kacey

Today, to kick off our new working relationship, I brought Kacey a gift. I found this first edition hard cover of David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest. It's a book some might consider one of the greatest modern novels of our time. I found the book at the used book store, so I picked it up, figuring it would look nice on Kacey's bookshelf. (Once she gets enough books to warrant owning a bookshelf, that is.) Plus I figured she'd find it as amusing as I do that such a magnificient piece of work was remaindered in its first printing.

So today, Kacey considered this modern classic in its massive entirety.

Kacey considers a classic

She reads faster than I do, and was quick to reach a verdict: indifference mixed with a dash of scorn:

Indifference

Well. That didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Since she didn't appreciate it, I took the book back for myself.

Check back later for the next edition of Kacey's Book Club, in which she poops all over chick lit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kacey's great. You should have seen what my dog did to Franzen's latest. I think she left the best part, the title page.

Darby M. Dixon III said...

Yeah, dogs don't take kindly to self-importance.

Arethusa said...

My kitty doggedly scratched the cover of one of my Harry Potters. Gave it character.

Anonymous said...

Kacey would like to know if she needs a business lawyer & an agent?