Sunday, July 31, 2005

And in news that's got nothing to do with anything, I just bought a new bag for my laptop, woo woo

Hey Cleveland--keep an eye open at your local coffee shop for the latest issue of Angle: A Journal of Arts and Culture. It's the third annual literary issue. Yay for literature! Maureen McHugh contributes a short story, "Wicked," which you'll also find in her new collection, Mothers & Other Monsters, which you'll find a copy of on my coffee table.

Also, if you happen to be in Chicago on August 23rd, check out the August edition of the Bookslut Reading Series, where Maureen will be reading, along with Jennifer Stevenson and Charles Blackstone, neither of whom I've read yet, but if you can judge books by titles, Trash Sex Magic and The Week You Weren't Here are, I suspect, both very good books, which you'll probably eventually find copies of on my coffee table, I suspect.

No comments: