Thursday, June 07, 2007

Ride, sally, ride

I've started reading this little book called Don Quixote. (Well, it is little, compared to a certain other too-tempting summer reading selection [see item number one] that I learned about today via Callie's post on the subject of how sand somehow makes us stupid. Did I say summer reading selection? I meant post-holiday reading selection. Seriously, if you all starting saving your pennies now, and each of you chipped in like fifty cents in December...) Also, I'm tilting at windmills. It's my first group blog experience. So exciting! I just hope I don't accidentally destroy any semblance of intelligent discourse. I don't want to be that guy. I hear that looks bad on your blogger resume. (Unethical, too! [Really, nobody wants to take me to task for that one? I was so hoping.])

In my debut TaW post, I offer up yet another example of that hardcore Darby litcrit you've so come to know and love. Oh yeah. It's gonna be a long, awesome summer.

3 comments:

bhadd said...

Walter Starkie translation was quality stuff too though Grossman was well regarded. I like the Starkie.

amcorrea said...

You're in for one hell of a time. I had a lot of fun with the other DQ reading group (400 Windmills) back in 2005-6, and I can personally vouch for the greatness that is Cervantes. I look forward to following the discussion!

Imani said...

I've stalled with Cervantes but I'm hoping to pick up the pace some time...uhh...soon.