Sunday, April 27, 2008

Maureen left a comment to put some novel-writing things back in perspective, which reminds me I haven't status updated the novel I'm writing in like ten minutes, probably because it's actually going pretty well right now and so I don't have much to bitch about, bitching leading to more (if poorer) blogging. I'm almost done writing part one. I'd wanted to be done with it a week or two ago, but, life, and all. I would actually say that the chart has been a pretty good representation of the process of writing just this first part of the book (just substitute "another two chapters" for "10,000 words" on the second last point). Which is scary because I'm not sure how many parts of the book I have left to write and I'm not sure which part will itself be an extended dark night of the soul. I do worry (even though I think the book itself is going to be fairly short as far as novels go) (or at least that it could be fairly short, if I make it so, though I can also easily see the book becoming a mammoth epic of Tolkienesque proportions) that this book is going to take ten years to finish, a concern that's going to prompt me to stop this blog post right about now in order to go get to work on the day's work (weekends being about the most reliable days of the week for producing good writing right now).

No comments: