Monday, April 21, 2008

I might have to pick up the pace on You Bright and Risen Angels since the book club discussion at Mac's Backs on May 21 is going to be about The Savage Detectives, which I really ought to read.

I'm not even halfway through Angels yet, though, so we'll see how that works out. I haven't read a book this slowly since I read Vollmann's Europe Central. It's certainly not bad, this slow approach, but lord, there's taking one's time, and then there's plain old farting around. To be fair, it sometimes feels like I'm picking up a brand new book, or at least a brand new version of the same old book, every time I sit down to read a chapter or two. Eventually I'll freak out and sit down and read the last half of the book in one coffee-fueled stretch. At which point I'll go completely and automatically insane. Here's to that, then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm... literary insanity

Darby M. Dixon III said...

It's the best!