Sunday, July 08, 2007

"The Yikes!er's Yikes!ing," more like

But yeah, so those short stories I've been reading this week? One of them was "The Father's Blessing" by Mary Caponegro, which: oh, holy yikes-o-rama, was that...something. Something something. Something. And that was before it got all fuckin' crazy-weird. And then it got all like...I mean...like...damn. Damn, geez. Geez.

Damn.

I'm not even sure what else to say about it, yet. Were you and I in the same room when I'd finished that story, I might have simply handed you my copy, before wandering away to go wash my face, or something, because some things you can't say things about, not right away. And, well, for what it's worth, based on that one story, I think I might have to track down everything Caponegro's ever written. Which is not how I typically react to individual short stories. Take that for what you will. (And as always, grains of salt are available outside in the lobby.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, sounds fascinating. I'm going to have to look this writer up.

Darby M. Dixon III said...

You and me both!