Thursday, March 29, 2007

Three ways to quickly rid oneself of bad mojo

Because I've been all wugga wugagaga GRR! this week, I feel it is only just and right to offer up three heart-zapper-paddle fast ways to cheer up:

  1. Watch the video for Sleater-Kinney's "You're No Rock 'n Roll Fun." Seriously, Corin's eye moves? Quickest imaginable way to sooth the angry indie boy's jaded heart. I melt a little bit each time I catch one. (Blogflexive hat-tip to Carolyn for digging that up out of You-Tube.)

  2. Look at James Murphy's goofy mug. Seriously, dude's goofy looking. In a sort of indie-rocker David Lynch way.

  3. Scroll down on the James Murphy guest list page linked above, and read his thoughts on Pynchon. Pynchon! I suppose it would not hurt things much if you read that while listening to the new LCD Soundsystem album, which is sort of an ultra-insta-party disc.


Back to less angsty bookish shenanigans in due time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting, I wasn't aware that any of the girls in Sleater-Kinney were my flavor of physically attractive until watching that video. Thank you for pointing that out.

It still doesn't nearly make up for the mixing job on The Woods.