Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I'm going to go practice my karate kicks and windmill powerchord attacks; but first, a question

Am I the only person who blogs in order to attract mates?

I mean, I thought we all came here to get laid, right? Getting laid is good. Some might even call it hot. But lately it feels like every time I look at the lit-blog-o-sphere somebody is going on and on and on and on and on about how we're all here to be self-important elements in the continuing discourse of the critical culture who people better pay attention to because we're the irreversible new media vanguards of incorruptible content and blah...blah...yawn-blah. Never mind the fact that when I signed my name on that lit-blogger-for-life contract I was doing it specifically to get corrupted, if you know what I mean. Did I miss a memo? Damn, why am I always missing the memo?

But oh well, whatever. People will do what people will do, right? Some people are going to blog because it's serious business. I'll keep blogging because it's rock 'n roll fun. I hope I won't be alone.

If you know what I mean.

4 comments:

Imani said...

Every time I read about one of these things I learn about how criminally easy it is to get free books. To hear it from the print guzzling literati, people start blogs just to get free books.

Could someone please send me some free books? Where are the desperate publishers and agents spamming my inbox for my mailing address?

Maybe I should have gone with Typepad.

Norm said...

we're all here to be self-important elements in the continuing discourse of the critical culture who people better pay attention to because we're the irreversible new media vanguards of incorruptible content and blah...blah...yawn-blah

I feel a great disturbance in the Force ... as if millions of pompous pundits cried out in agony and were suddenly OWNED.

You rule. I hope this sinister plan of yours works out.

Kristin Ohlson said...

Ah-- thanks for my first laugh of the day. Can't think of any funny rejoinder-- perhaps I'm too loaded down by my own self-importance.

Darby M. Dixon III said...

Imani: Maybe we should print up copies of our blogs! And send them to each other! And review them on our blogs! It's the perfect free-book-giving cross-analysis book-blogging evil scheme!

Norm: Hahahahahahahahaha. Awesome. (And, oh, it is a good plan, isn't it?)

K-oh: Glad to be of service. If you need to shuck off any of that weight, I'll feel important enough about myself for the both of us, for you!