Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Two me, smart and dumb

The other night, friend Chris and I were discussing the books we're reading. I mentioned that I was reading Mary Gaitskill's Two Girls, Fat and Thin, and that between it and Because They Wanted To, the short story collection of hers that I read last year, I'd decided that I really need to give Veronica another shot, because I'm loving everything else of hers so much that I'm thinking I really must have not been there when I read Veronica, what with it having elicited within me response that essentially amounted to "Eh..." I mentioned I'd maybe pick up a copy for the permanent collection when the paperback comes out. Good a time as any.

Well, looks like the paperback release date is July 18. Good times. I'd say expect further discussion about this book in a month or two, but by now you know better, because you probably realize that any promises I make about things I'm going to talk about on this blog are damn lies. I'll explain my behavior in a couple weeks.

No comments: