Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Let us never speak of it again

So, first, Sleater-Kinney breaks up a couple weeks ago, and now, Out Hud has to follow? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Out Hud was even on the same level, but it still sort of sucks. I really dug on S.T.R.E.E.T. D.A.D. for a good while when I discovered it, and they were ridiculously fun as a live act at last year's Pitchfork festival ("Teddy Grahams? What, was this on Xiu Xiu's rider or something?"). I would have liked to have seen them again sometime.

I hope indie rock band break-ups aren't like celebrity deaths. I don't want to know who the third would be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can totally sympathize-- those women just plain out knew how to write great songs. And OutHud was good, but i like Lyrics Born and Jurassic Five, so you can tell i have no taste!