Sunday, July 09, 2006

If losing one's job means becoming more active in the local community, then I can't wait to see what happens when I become homeless

This one's via Meet the Bloggers. Tomorrow (Monday, July 10) at 2:30 PM the editors of the Cleveland Plain Dealer will meet with local area bloggers before the paper's 4:00 PM content meeting.

I'm planning on attending, assuming I can wake my dead-beat unemployed ass up in time to get downtown. Really I've no idea what I expect to gain from the meeting. Which is fine. Mostly I'm just curious to see what all happens out there in the world during the 9-5 stretch of the day that I've been pretty much locked away from for so long. Should be interesting.

Of course, I'm also interested in not shaving. Or doing laundry. Or really much of anything else. All the more reason to curb the impulse towards decrepitude as quickly as possible, I suppose. Even if "getting involved" feels sort of weirdly like "cheating". H'mm..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woot. Maybe they'll haul you out of the crowd and press you into service as a full-time book page writer.

Maureen McHugh said...

I go away for a month and you get unemployed? What's going to happen when I move?

Signed, the Center of the Universe