Thursday, June 16, 2005

Note to self--realize March ended a while ago

You might remember that, for a while there, I could not shut up about Stephen Dixon. And, while I won't start babbling about his fine, fine books Interstate and Frog right now--I'm still in Frog detox--I will point out that Edward Champion at The Litblog Co-Op recently revealed that his nomination for the Read This! selection was a Stephen Dixon book. Though I haven't read Old Friends I'm sure I will. Someday. Eventually. Then over at his blog, Return of the Reluctant, Ed offers some links of interest about Stephen Dixon, including an "essay" written by Stephen Dixon that should give you a pretty good sense of the guy's style. Let me put it this way: if you dig that paragraph, you'll likely dig his books; if you don't dig that paragraph, then I hope you'll at least still try one of his books, someday. (I suggest, again, Interstate. Mmm. Damn. That there's good readin'.)

While you're over at RotR, check out Ed's take on a James "Who da man? I da man! YOU ALL SUCK!" Kunstler book. (I have a story about Kunstler I'll relate soon. Eventually. Maybe never. It involves him being a dick, if that's any incentive for you to bounce back here again once in a while.)

And, uh, before you run away from RotR, here's a nice post about Angelina Jolie, if you're into that sort of thing.

No comments: