Friday, August 24, 2007

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie in Cleveland, September 5 and 6

How did I miss this? Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, author of the excellent Half of a Yellow Sun, won a 2007 Anisfield-Wolf Book Award. (The award was "created in 1935 to recognize outstanding works that contribute to society’s understanding of racism and foster an appreciation of the rich diversity of human cultures." Zadie Smith won one last year for On Beauty.)

There's an awards ceremony on September 6 (which I think if I remember correctly involves an admission price?) and a reading on September 5 (which I think (hope?) is open to the public?). From this week's Cool Cleveland newsletter:

7 p.m. ANISFIELD-WOLF BOOK AWARD WINNERS, Ngozi Adichie and Martha Collins, will read at the Art Gallery in Trinity Commons, 2230 Euclid Ave. Contact Ron Antonucci, 216.623.2881 or rantonucci@cpl.org for more information.


Suffice it to say I'll be dragging everyone I know with me to the reading. (Assuming it's open to the public.)

More info on the award here.

1 comment:

Imani said...

Argh! I het you.