Friday, January 12, 2007

Two years of nonsense, and some book talk now and then, too

I tried to think of a good reason not to post this link. Really. In a marked departure from my typical "post first, regret later" technique, I've spent at least five minutes over the last two days debating this one. The best reasons I came up with were "Some people might not get it" and "It might make some people think I'm sort of weird," which, upon further reflection, were less about this particular link and more about this entire blog. Surprise, surprise: turns out not everybody thinks sitting up late at night typing on the Internet about books is "cool" or "hip" or "as fun as going to bars and waking up next to strangers." Pft, whatever--safe is the new dangerous, and that makes it way sexy, right? Right. Anyway, since hypothetical public opinion has never stopped me before, there was no logical reason for it to do so now, so I began to accept the task at hand.

Then I remembered that today, January 12, marks the second anniversary of the founding of this little self-indulgent exercise in time-wasting claptrap, and that cemented it, because honestly, is there any better way to celebrate the occasion than with Swedish Librarian Fashion photos? Suffice it to say that no, no there isn't, and that we here at TDAOC HQ emphatically condone this sort of behavior, and hope to see more of it in the future.

Also, rumor has it there's some fiction links, somewhere over there. Must be hidden somewhere on the sides of the page. Haven't found 'em yet.

I'll be back in a couple days with something else. Hell if I know what yet. Whatever it will be, it probably won't be as awesome as Swedish Librarian Fashion photos.

(Link via Bookninja.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this site.

Kevbo said...

Two years already? How long must this blog go on? How many more troops must die for your game of make believe Mr. President!?

Oh, you and your "books." You elitist people that can "read" make me sick.

Swedish Librarians? Suddenly I think I want to know what happens when your book is overdue.

Anonymous said...

Is this a joke or should I go to live in Sweden?

Isabella K said...

I've spent days wondering whether to post that very same link, and did so just this morning.

Happy anniversary!

Darby M. Dixon III said...

w: Thanks! Oh, you probably meant you love the Swedish Librarian Photo site. Well, yeah. They are certainly more deserving.

Kev: Sit tight. I've dispatched the men in the suits and ties to reward you for your loyalty.

John: If there's one thing I'm unable to joke about, it's Swedish Librarians.

Isabella: Awesome. Spread the love. And, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Both yours and the Swedish librarians. Rock on.