Tuesday, October 11, 2005

J-Franz to tha L-Day-Pay!

It's no secret: I dig the J-Franz. I do, I do. The Corrections was a very good novel, no matter what axes some folk got to grind.

Well, now, guess what, suckas? I'm not alone anymore. Lou Diamond Phillips, star of a whole bunch of movies I don't think I've seen, has laid waste to all ya'll nay-sayin' posers:
6. What is your favorite book?

Couple of them... [...]I recently read The Corrections, by Jonathan Franzen, and I truly feel that that's probably an American classic. I think it's very Dickensian, in a certain way, but it is such a ridiculously accurate, poignant, and hysterical overview of American life.[...]

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT. It's an American classic. Lou Diamond Phillips, he's got my back on this one.

If you're interested in the rest of what Mr. Phillips has to say--and why should you be, since you've just been given more truth and beauty in the last minute than most hipster kids got in the last ten--then click here.

No comments: