Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The new Kazuo Ishiguro book, Nocturnes: Five Stories of Music and Nightfall, comes out in a couple weeks...in the UK. Here in the U.S., we have to wait until too long from now for it. Seriously: Want. Bad enough to consider the cross-ocean shipping charges. Which, er, I just checked, and are surprisingly not horrible. As in: under a thousand pounds. Okay then! In any case, here's a profile that makes me want the book even harder. As if such a thing could be reckoned.

(And we know the real cost kicks in when the American copy comes out and I can't resist buying it, too. Hrm.)

4 comments:

Castallia said...

The Book Depository ships their books to the U.S. for free, if that helps. :)

Cari said...

Oh man this sounds really good. When does it come out in the US?

Darby M. Dixon III said...

Castallia: It does! It does indeed. It does to the extent that I just placed an order last night. Thanks for the tip!

Cari: October something something I think?

Cari said...

Hm that may actually work since I am going to be reading a bunch of other things before then :P