Saturday, May 10, 2008

I had to stop in at the bookstore today, and so as long as I was there already I figured I would take a look at Omega Minor, which I just recently mentioned, and so I did, and I read the opening page, and I promptly took the book up to the register and bought it. This despite my supposed resolve to stop buying books for a while in order to concentrate on getting through at least some of the now far, far too tall TBR pile. And because Omega Minor is a really fat book I'm going to have to read it as soon as I finish The Winners because if I try to put Omega Minor on the TBR pile that stack is going to topple hard, quite possibly severely damaging the entire infrastructure of Lakewood, Ohio, if not the very moral and social underpinnings of the country itself. So I mean, note to authors, moral of the story? If you want to avoid the waiting list, start your book like that. Kablooie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you like Paul, you may be interested in an interview I just posted with him over on The Book Depository website:

http://tinyurl.com/3trg45

Enjoy!