Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"...as if millions of litbloggers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced..."

This just in from Publishers Weekly:

...Bookforum publisher Artforum International has decided to act on a long-discussed plan to include current events coverage in a move to boost circulation.

...

"We all felt that in order to really have an increased circulation, we needed to cover current affairs in some way," said McConnell. "We're waiting to see how it evolves."


Say it with me, folks: Boo! Hiss! Bah! Urgh! Yak!

I don't read Bookforum cover to cover, but what I do read, I usually adore. The thought of those articles (potentially) getting bumped in favor of stuff I could get by opening up Yahoo makes me cry inside. And by inside I mean all over the place. Like over in that chair. And outside, in the cold.

Blast it, anyway. In the meantime, I've got to find some time to read this recent article on Donald Barthelme. And to go back to plowing through Sixty Stories, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The BookForum news is horrible. I'll wait and see what happens but I'm so frustrated they decided to do this.