Monday, December 03, 2007

Game on

And to write this way is like raving or a cloud.

- from The Adolescent, by Fyodor Dostoevsky


Man. I fucking love Dostoevsky.

(Which is to say that I've finished Anna Karenina--which, though I enjoyed it and though it intrigued me and though I'm certainly going to read it again before I die, I, burdened perhaps by the burden of the anxiety of influence, do not know what to say about it--and have moved on to the second part of my Dead Awesome Russian Authors Family Novel Rock Block, which is also the fourth part of my Summer of Dostoevsky '06 project, which I'm like 20 pages into, and which I can already tell is going to be awesome, so.)

1 comment:

John Ettorre said...

I liked this. Anyone who can get so passionate over a dead, white, male author, and a Ruskie to boot, is my kind of person.