Sunday, September 10, 2006

TDAOC HQ: The editors have been sacked

I was recently unkind toward a review of Jennifer Egan's The Keep. Donna Bowman, author of the review, was kind enough to drop by and set the record straight about her intentions. Seems the source of my ire--a statement about Ms. Egan being a "known" chick-lit author--was probably not actually written by Ms. Bowman. Misunderstandings and outlandish reactions, on my part, ensued.

(What all this really means, of course, is that I'm now focusing my death-ray vision on the Onion A.V. Club editorial offices, with special focus on the bored intern, or whoever, it was who wrote the offending intro statement.)

So, be sure to go read Ms. Bowman's response, then come back here and call me names, because I'm dumb. Here, I'll start: I'm dumb!

2 comments:

donnadb said...

You're a stand-up guy to say so, Darby. You've made yourself a fan. And you're welcome 'round the A.V. Club anytime. And call me Donna.

Darby M. Dixon III said...

Will do, Donna! And feel free to call me on my crap anytime. There ought to be more of that around here.