Monday, April 24, 2006

Reading material

  • For you: This and this and this and this (and this and this) and this and this.

  • For me: I read Tisch and then I read Gould and now I'm reading I. and after that I think I'm going to read Old Friends and then I think I'm going to stop reading Stephen Dixon for a while, and then that's when I think I'll read Intuition by Allegra Goodman, and after that I think I'm going to catch me up on some Philip Roth, either or both of Portnoy's Complaint or Our Gang, both of which were given to me for Christmas by my girlfriend, who recently asked me if it wasn't sort of sick of her that she was considering re-reading Dostoevsky's The Idiot, which I mostly just thought was actually pretty sexy of her.

3 comments:

Arethusa said...

I think I read most of those already. (Thank goodness for metaxucafe.)

I'm presently entering a Borges drift. Also completely submerged in Cicero, Cicero, Cicero. It's crazy. My friends are worried.

God, I haven't read any Dostoevsky. Where am I going to find the time to read all the books I want? *cries*

Oliver Dale said...

Jerk! Those links took a long time get through. Don't ever link-bomb me like that again, you hear me?!

Anonymous said...

the only roth i've read is his first, GOODBYE, COLUMBUS, which I liked very much, back in college.

I really want to read PORTNOY'S.