Sunday, March 26, 2006

With a name like Darby, I'd have to be cute

Cute like a dog, that is. (Via MetaxuCafe.)

(In any case that photo does sort of symbolically represent how I feel about my own writing lately. It's like, wow, hey, this is nice. I'm actually making writing again. Tangible enough for me to rest my chin on it. But there's not really enough to make a full-blown pillow out of it though, so.)

(Placeholder posts like this to continue until I get some free time. To make real posts. Right.)

(Also by the way, I know you want me to be your friend, right?)

(While I'm at it: yes, the bulk of this entire post is its own asides.)

3 comments:

Myfanwy Collins said...

Hey! That's my pup. :)

We got him from a rescue and he was named Darby already. Before we had him, I'd never encountered anyone named Darby, but since then it's been a veritable Darby-fest.

Grant Bailie said...

I did not truly understand this post until the above comment. Now it is clear to me and I can go back to my usual practice of trying to understand other things.

Darby M. Dixon III said...

Myfanwy: I think I've known more puppies named Darby than people. Somehow, I'm sort of okay with that. I'm runnin' with the dogs! Yeah-ha!

Grant: Have your people talk to my people in billing about reimbursing you for time spent trying to understand things I say. It should have been noted that wasn't a worthwhile expense on anyone's part.