Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Three things I want you to know; the third sounds a lot weirder than it actually is

1. I'm about 180 pages into Kazuo Ishiguro's When We Were Orphans, and, yes, it's true: I've developed a tremendously huge crush on Ishiguro's brain. Call it a braincrush.

2. I'm on about Day Nine of being Way Over The Top Obsessed with the band Stereolab, and, yes, it's true: I've developed a tremendously huge crush on lead singer Laetitia Sadier. Call it a Frenchcrush.

3. If Ishiguro and Sadier got together and made a baby, and then sent that baby back in time, so that it was sort of like the baby was actually born in 1978, making that baby about my age? I would marry that baby, today, with all my post-ironic heart.

2 comments:

Lee said...

I've just started reading your blog and find we often appreciate the same authors - Link, Ishiguro, Chaon, etc. I wonder if you've read any Michel Faber?

Arethusa said...

You should see that Merchant-Ivory film "The White Countess" with Fiennes, Natasha Richardson and Hiroyuki Sanada (who is so so hot! Just in case you wanted to know). Ishiguro wrote the script and it shows (in a good way, speaking as one who was not awed by "Never Let Me Go".)