Monday, November 07, 2005

Search query report - Typo of the week

Have I mentioned I'm addicted to the search query terms that land people on this site? Here's my latest favorite:

"charon you remind me of me"

I assume that's a typo for "Chaon", as in, "Dan Chaon, author of the awesome novel You Remind Me Of Me", but, what if it isn't? What if you're the guy who thinks, "Yo, river boat dude of the dead, you remind me of me, and I want to find out what that means about me on the Internet"? Cuz that's really weird. Or maybe, it was someone who was actually looking for an in-depth comparison of Dan Chaon, author of the fantastic novel You Remind Me Of Me, and Charon, river boat dude of the dead?

I think we know where this is going, because I'm nothing if not eager to please:

An in-depth comparison between Charon and Dan Chaon

Charon: For a coin, will boat your dead ass across the river Acheron.
Dan Chaon: For some coin, will sell you a copy of his excellent novel You Remind Me of Me tomorrow night at Mac's Backs in Coventry!

... Wow, that was awful. Awesome, I mean. I mean...just show up tomorrow. All three authors will be way cooler than me and I don't talk much in person so you won't have to be offended by any of my tom-foolery. I promise.

2 comments:

Grant Bailie said...

You know, I once shared a cigarette break with Dan Chaon at this writer function thing. He was very nice. He said nice things about my book. I told him that I had wanted my publisher to send him an advance copy for a blurb and he said he would have been happy too. (but they never did.)

I'm not bragging...ok, I am bragging.

Darby M. Dixon III said...

And I'm not bragging that I've got a writer bragging on my blog. Okay...well...yes, I am bragging about that. *brag brag brag*