Friday, May 13, 2005

And in yet more happenings otherwheres

Gwenda Bond of Shaken & Stirred (one of them there really good lit-blogs) recently posted to the LitBlog Co-op looking for people to post a "memorable experience of the act of reading ... what you were reading, when, why it was perfect at that particular time". I went ahead and replied...and replied...and replied...and when I looked at what I'd submitted I figured I probably should have just posted it here, instead of taking up so much room over there, but, hey. So if you scroll down that page a bit and look for the long comment, yeah, that's me. Feel free to print out the TD&OC title and smoke picture and hold them up to your screen and pretend it's super-fresh content over here. Or go share your own reading story--that would probably be a better use of your time.

Also, I've got to recommend to ye Clevelanders and ye fans of libraries everywhere to get on over to Really Bad Cleveland Accent where Christine Borne's been knocking blog-posts out of the park left and right lately. Of specific note, her take on race issues in Cleveland and her explanation of why libraries are cool, cooler than we ever give them credit for. (Consider this post, in relation to that last link, to be my electronic paper airplane. I'm sure, somewhere in the radio waves and higher frequencies, this post is floating past the Terminal Tower, right...about...now.)

1 comment:

Christine Borne said...

awww, thanks - i'd like to knock a nice blog post out of the park right now, but the library's closing in ten minutes and god, all i can think about is pizza....