Sunday, April 10, 2005

The beauty of the web is that when you don't know what to say someone else is probably already saying it for you


There's probably a lot of things to be said about Ben Marcus's The Age of Wire and String. Unfortunately, I don't know what any of those things are, so I'm going to take a bye on this one. A quick Technorati search suggests that there's plenty of other people out there who do have things to say about the book (or about Ben Marcus, who, I gather, is an interesting fellow): you might try this Tight Sainthood post, or perhaps these thoughts from the Sisyphean Task web log (which makes use of the word "mind cum" which I think might be my newest most favorite descriptive term ever), this snippet from The Occasional Blecher, or (from the TDAOC-approved web log Conversational Reading, as if that's a gold star you really want to go and put in your permanent record) some links to further reading on The Ben Marcus. Or you can click on the word Technorati back there and just go search for more stuff yourself--don't let me hold you back.

On to Cloud Atlas, which I'm really pretty excited about.

No comments: