Friday, April 02, 2010

Meanwhile...

...I've all but given up on 2666--I got bored, huh?--and I've loved Joshua Mohr's second novel Termite Parade, and I've started reading Jennifer Egan's A Visit From the Good Squad and without even being all that far into it yet I think I want to call it the most intriguing Egan book yet, and I'm reading a long slow burn of a book for a review so I won't say anything else about that, and I've got a couple other books I've been handed which I've started and which I've paused on and which I am looking forward to starting back up again once this bit of this and that is in the can, and I have a lot of other business I want to cover, and also I guess Blogger is dropping FTP support so I've got a month to get my long-delayed new blog up and running, what?, and I also did a project for school in which I redesigned the covers of Kazuo Ishiguro's first three novels, and though I think it turned out pretty decent, I'm a little bit wondering how I feel about posting it, since I steal photos from the Internet for it and even though it's technically student work I worry I'm going to get sued out of existence, and also I saw this cover Chip Kidd did not use for The Unconsoled and I felt a deep despair that I could ever do anything good, ever, because that's some sweet shit, is what that is.

In other news, this is about the coolest thing ever.

No comments: