Monday, January 25, 2010

And that point is now

There may come a point in your life when you need to transfer your Internet service to a new address. Word to the wise: avoid that point, if at all possible. For in the depths of the Internet service provider's Web site doth madness and despair lay, waiting, and willing. Add to that the fact that I just broke my wireless router anyway and I'm about ready to go monk-like at the new and improved TDAOC World Headquarters. Except not really because all this Internet isn't going to Internet itself.

So not much to report around these parts at the moment. The 2666 group discussion has begun; I might find a moment to contribute something rational to it. Or I might just note that it's right now one more heavy object that has to be transported through space by hand this week. Oops. On the upside, at least it's not Darger. (The Girl and I had a weirdo-documentary rock-block on Sunday, watching 30 Century Man (about Scott Walker, which confirmed for me that as interesting as he may be, his music is crazybones and warranted little more than the three minutes I once offered it in somewhat good faith) and In the Realms of the Unreal (about Henry Darger, who was nuts but at least in a self-contained way; I'm convinced he could have done some fun stuff with Daniel Johnston, had they ever met, and been able to rein in the crazy long enough to do something with it, with each other).)

Meanwhile: boxes.

No comments: