Saturday, August 23, 2008

Here's another profile of Janice Galloway and her upcoming memoir This is Not About Me, which I'm also bookmarking for later reading, likely in spite of rather than due to the following sentence, right up there at the beginning of paragraph two:

We are in a Glasgow café, and Janice Galloway is in killer boots.


Not that I have anything against a gal wearing killer boots, mind you. I mean, really. But.

(I'm not sure what the U.S. publication plans are but I think it might not matter since I'll probably wind up importing the book long before it reaches these shores, unless of course I'm still reading Against the Day around that point, which is of course entirely likely.)

1 comment:

Alexis said...

linked to your blog through a Google alert I have for Galloway. Thanks for posting about her. I am very perplexed about the interviewers preoccupation with her clothing/footwear as well*, but I really really want to see this kick-ass collection of shoes she's acquired. Oh, and I'd like to read her book as well.

*Althoug, somewhat cattily I must admit that if you look at older photos of Galloway she does look kind of frumpy, so mybe they're just surprised to see her all diva-ed up.