Thursday, December 08, 2005

On reading Ulysses, a very long novel, in one month: Day Seven

Pattern:

1. Read many pages. Miss a lot.

2. Think, "Huh?"

3. Sleep, some.

4. Wake up next day, sort of exhausted, with stream of conscious internal monologue running through head for several hours after waking up. Realize it's pitch-perfect internalization of Joycean literary voice. Be too tired to do anything with that knowledge.

5. Think, "Huh?"

6. Wonder what form TDAOC Fan Fiction would take; shudder with fear.

7. Repeat from 1.

3 comments:

Jim Eastman said...

Wonder what form TDAOC Fan Fiction would take; shudder with fear.

That hurts my head.

Anonymous said...

So you're really doing, aren't you? You're a better man than I. Err... better person... you know what I mean. Let me know how it ends. :)

Darby M. Dixon III said...

Jim: Yeah, pretty much. Ow, ow. Ow.

Jenny: Yes I will Yes! (And you're probably a better person than me for having the sense to, like, stop. I swear I wonder if this book makes more sense in the original latin...)