Monday, October 29, 2007

"You can't smash a girl over the head with a food tray."

God loves two things and that's the Movies and the Bomb. Of all the monuments we've made to God over the last five thousand years, have there been any that so nearly communicate our awe of Him? Have there been any that so nearly approximate His majesty? With the Movies and the Bomb, we've offered gifts that are worthy of him.


If you need me in the next day or two, I'll be the guy devouring Zeroville by Steve Erickson. (Which, oddly, has me feeling like I'm reading The Sot-Weed Factor II....)

2 comments:

thejamminjabber said...

Zeroville was fantastic.

I recently conducted an in depth interview with Erickson for chuckpalahniuk.net. Check it out.

http://www.chuckpalahniuk.net/features/interviews/steveerickson/

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

Another Darby I know is a never-ending alcoholic muse for my poems and prose. I always thought his name damaged him. But you seem completely unharmed.
dianeferri.blogspot.com