Thursday, December 14, 2006

Death Cabs for Hideous Men

Via Maud Newton, we learn that the film version of Brief Interviews with Hideous Men has gone into production:

The movie features Julianne Nicholson suffering from a rough breakup. She decides to videotape interviews with different guys, and tries to make sense of how men work. Other actors in the film are Ben Gibbard and Timothy Hutton.


So, that answers the question of how they'll turn the question-less interviews into a film plot, while...er, wait, WHAT? Ben Gibbard? Ben "Death Cab for Cutie" Gibbard? Ben "I loved you Guenivere" Gibbard? Acting? In a movie based on a David Foster Wallace book?

You'll have to pardon the mess, my fanboy interests just collided.

I'm currently throwing around the microgram of weight I have as an Internet Guy in an attempt to get to the bottom of this and to find out if it's true. More on this, uh, developing story. As it develops, I guess. Weird.

No comments: