Sunday, May 29, 2005

But please, don't lose that lovin' feelin'. Whoa, that lovin' feelin'.

So due to some sort of technical difficulties (1) I've been unable to post to the blog for the last week. So, if you've been wondering where I've been since, uh, Tuesday, May 17, I've been over in the corner crying because I've had so many important things to say to you kind people, and no way to say them. But, I seem to have fixed the glitch, and things seem to be back in order. I hope.

I apologize to the few people (2) who may have been eagerly checking the web site every five minutes looking for my follow-up post on Never Let Me Go. The post is there now. Or if you just need the capsule summary: Never Let Me Go is a very good book and you should definitely read it soon. Unless you happen to be my friend Chris, then you have to read Cloud Atlas first, because you've owned a copy for many months now, but have been busy reading Ulysses, and are greatly admired by me. Or unless you happen to be my girlfriend, in which case, read it or don't at your leisure, because I'd hate to seem like the kind of literary elitist who goes around bossing his girlfriend about. Or, unless you're someone who doesn't enjoy breathtaking experiences, in which case, you probably aren't reading this blog, because an informal survey of TDaOC readers suggests that readers of this site come for the fun and stay to have their breath taken away. You be Kelly McGillis and I'll be your Tom Cruise.

As for all those important things I've had to say to you kind people over the last week and a half--uhm, I forgot what they all were. But it's cool. I'll come up with more important stuff I have to tell you kind people, because that's what I like to do: say important stuff.

No comments: